Standards and security
As a matter of course we optimise our populus websites for display in the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 7 and above
- Firefox 3 and above
- Safari for Mac 3 and above (Mac only)
- Chrome 8
populus' HTML and CSS meet all coding criteria for compliance with W3C CSS (cascading style sheets) and HTML 4.01 Transitional.
We can't guarantee that any site is going to be free from malicious attack. Even the CIA can't guarantee that. However, populus has been developed in accordance with industry best practice and our development team remains abreast of the developments in internet application security and take steps to ensure all new development reflects currently accepted best practice.
The types of risks that are considered include the following:
- cross site scripting and cross site request forgery
- injection flaws
- insecure direct object reference
- restrict URL access and broken authentication and session management
- information leakage and improper error handling
- insecure cryptographic storage
- insecure communications